The Posi-Clear RP Cartridge Pool Filter delivers top-of-the-line cartridge performance to keep pools sparkling clear. It offers the ultimate in convenience and refreshingly clear pool water! Here are some installation tips for the Posi-Clear RP Cartridge Pool Filter.
- The pool filter should be mounted on a level concrete slab. Position the pool filter so that the instructions, warnings, and pressure gauge are visible to the operator. Also, position the pool filter so that the piping connections, control valve, and drain port are convenient and accessible for servicing and winterizing.
- Install electrical controls (e.g. on/off switches, timers, pool control systems, etc.) at least five (5) feet from the pool filter. This will allow you enough room to stand clear of the pool filter during start-up.
- Provide sufficient clearance around the pool filter to permit visual verification that the clamp is properly installed. See Figure 1.
- Provide sufficient clearance above the pool filter to remove the filter lid for cleaning and servicing. This distance will vary with the model of the pool filter you are using. See Table 1 for the required vertical clearance.
Warning: Risk of electrical shock or electrocution. Position the filter and High Flow™ manual air relief valve to safely direct water draining and purged air or water. Water discharged from an improperly positioned filter or valve can create an electrical hazard that can cause severe personal injury as well as damage property.
- When installing the High Flow™ manual air relief valve, use the O-ring only; there is no need for thread-sealing compounds. Position the pool filter to safely direct water drainage. Rotate the valve to safely direct purged air or water. Water discharged from an improperly positioned filter or valve can create an electrical hazard as well as damage property.
- Make all plumbing connections in accordance with local plumbing and building codes. Filter plumbing connections are provided with an O-ring seal. Use only a silicone-based lubricant on the O-rings. Do not use pipe joint compound, glue, or solvent on the bulkhead connections.
- The base of this pool filter is provided with four (4) mounting bosses for the purpose of anchoring the filter to the concrete.
- The maximum working pressure of this pool filter is 50 psi. Never subject this pool filter to pressure in excess of this amount, even when conducting hydrostatic pressure tests. Pressures above 50 psi can cause the lid to be blown off, which can result in severe injury, death, or property damage.
When performing hydrostatic pressure tests or when testing for external leaks of the completed filtration and plumbing system, ensure that the Maximum Pressure that the filtration system will be subjected to DOES NOT EXCEED THE MAXIMUM WORKING PRESSURE OF ANY OF THE COMPONENTS CONTAINED WITHIN THE SYSTEM. In most cases, the maximum pressure will be stated on each component of the system.
If doubt exists as to the pressure to which the system will be subjected, install an ASME approved automatic Pressure Relief or Pressure Regulator in the circulation system for the lowest working pressure of any of the components in the system.
Posted: Friday, January 4th, 2013 @ 12:45 pm
Categories: How Tos, Pool Equipment.
Tags: installing pool filters, pool filter installation.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. Both comments and pings are currently closed.