Your safety cover is an investment in your swimming pool and in the safety of your family, friends, and neighbors. Protect your investment with these tips for safety cover care and maintenance.
- Safety cover springs should be very taut upon initial installation. In time, the safety cover will relax and the tension in the springs will ease.
- Safety covers are designed to screen out leaves and other debris. Clear pool water can only be maintained if proper levels of pool chlorine and algaecide are maintained.
- Pool water levels must be maintained within 18” of the top of the pool during snow season. Failure to do so will place undue strain on the safety cover and may void the warranty.
- Debris can be easily hosed off a properly installed safety cover, if needed.
- Flush out safety cover anchor casings with a hose several times per year to prevent sticking.
- Removal and subsequent installation is easier if the safety cover is fan-folded.
- If you have a solid safety cover with a drain, clean the debris screen carefully when you remove the cover in spring. To clean the debris screen, remove the cover and open and fold back the mesh panel on top of the cover. Hose the filter screen off from behind to remove debris. Allow the panel to dry, close the panel, and store.
- Store the safety cover in a safety cover storage bag and hang the bag off the floor in a cool, dry place.
Posted: Thursday, December 20th, 2012 @ 12:20 pm
Categories: How Tos, Pool Covers, Pool Safety.
Tags: pool safety cover, safety cover care, safety cover maintenance.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. Both comments and pings are currently closed.