Use these steps as a guide for winterizing pools that use the Nature2® Mineral Sanitizing System. If you have questions about winterizing Nature2 pools, call 888-718-7946 for help from a Pool Care Expert.
Winterizing Pools in Warm Climates
- Reduce the number of hours the pool pump runs since the cooler weather decreases the spread of algae and other pollutants.
- There is no need to superoxidize the pool during cool weather unless pool water becomes cloudy (as may occur after a winter storm).
Winterizing Pools in Cold Climates
- Check Total Alkalinity and pH of pool to ensure they are in proper balance.
- Vacuum the bottom of Nature2 pools to remove debris and other potential contaminants.
- Superoxidize the pool with chlorine, following label instructions, to clear the water.
- Add a winter pool algaecide, following label instructions. Important: Do not use a winter algaecide with copper in it; this will void the Nature2 no-stain warranty.
- Backwash the pool filter.
- Drain part of the pool water; the amount to drain varies from one part of the country to another. Call 888-718-7946 for advice from a Pool Care Expert on how much water to drain.
- Remove the Nature2 cartridge and discard with household trash. Important: Nature2 cartridges must be replaced every six months or after one pool season, whichever is shorter. Do not save the cartridge for re-use.
- Winterize the pipes with pool antifreeze, following label directions.
- Drain the water out of all pool equipment (pump, filter, etc.)
- Store all baskets, hoses, and cleaning equipment, indoors if possible.
- Cover the pool with a winter pool cover.
Posted: Thursday, October 4th, 2012 @ 12:23 pm
Categories: Eco-Friendly, How Tos.
Tags: Nature2 Cartridges, Nature2 Pools, Winterizing Nature2 Pools, winterizing pools.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. Both comments and pings are currently closed.