Here are some tips for understanding motor service on the IntelliFlo VS+ SVRS and IntelliPro VS+ SVRS Pool Pumps. Always protect your pool pump from heat, against dirt and against moisture. Remember, if a pool motor has been damaged by dirt or water, it voids the motor warranty.
1. Protect from heat:
- Shade the pool motor and controller from the sun.
- Any enclosure must be well ventilated to prevent overheating. Particular attention should be paid to the motor fan cover and the cooling fins between the drive and the pool motor.
- Provide ample cross ventilation.
2. Protect against dirt:
- Protect from any foreign matter or splashing water.
- Do not store (or spill) pool chemicals near the pool motor.
- Avoid sweeping or stirring up dust near the pool motor while it is operating.
- If a pool motor has been damaged by dirt it voids the motor warranty.
3. Protect against moisture:
- Protect from splashing pool water.
- Protect from the weather.
- Protect from lawn sprinklers.
- If a pool motor has become wet, let it dry before operating. Do not allow the pool pump to operate if it has been flooded.
- If a pool motor has been damaged by water, it voids the motor warranty.
Note: DO NOT wrap pool motor and controller with plastic or other air tight materials. The motor and controller may be covered, but not wrapped in plastic, during a storm, for winter storage, etc., but never when operating, or expecting operation.
Posted: Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 @ 12:59 pm
Categories: Eco-Friendly, How Tos, Pool Equipment.
Tags: IntelliFlo pool pumps, IntelliPro Pool Pump, pool motor service, pool pumps.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. Both comments and pings are currently closed.