The PoolGuard Wireless Door Alarm is a great piece of pool safety equipment to install in your home. You will have a sense of security from knowing that you will hear an alarm sound if any doors leading to the swimming pool are opened. After purchasing your PoolGuard Wireless Door Alarm, follow these installation instructions to get your pool safety started.
Installing the 9v Battery
1. Remove the assembly screw from the back of the PoolGuard Door Alarm and remove the top cover.
2. Pull down the battery spring and install the 9v battery.
Note: If the battery spring is not in the correct position under the battery, the alarm will not go back together.
3. When the 9v battery is installed, the LED will flash once every 10 seconds. When the door alarm sounds, the LED will flash once every second.
4. Reassemble the PoolGuard Wireless Door Alarm with the assembly screw.
Note: Once the battery is installed the door alarm may sound accidentally until the sensors are connected properly.
Installing the PoolGuard Door Alarm
Your PoolGuard Door Alarm is designed to be installed within 22” of the sensor switch for the sensor wire connection. To mount the door alarm on the wall next to the door:
1. Determine the best location. The door alarm must be installed at least 54” above the threshold of the door.
Note: Do NOT mount the door alarm on metal.
2. With a pencil, mark 2 spots 2 ½” apart vertically (up & down) where the alarm will be mounted. These 2 marks are where 2 of the 4 larger supplied screws will be inserted into the wall to hang the door alarm.
3. Insert 2 of the 4 larger supplied screws into the wall on the 2 marks. Leave about 5/32” (not including the head of the screw) of the screw from the wall.
4. Hang the door alarm on the mounted screws and pull downward until the screws are positioned in the small end of the hanger holes in the back of the door alarm.
Installing the Outdoor Wireless Transmitter
1. Determine the best location, the outdoor wireless transmitter is designed to be installed on the outside of the dwelling directly across (thru the wall) with a maximum distance of 2 feet from the inside door alarm.
Note: Do NOT mount the outdoor wireless transmitter on metal.
2. The Outdoor Wireless Transmitter must be installed at least 54 inches above the threshold of the door. The battery is already installed in the transmitter. Mount the transmitter with the 2 remaining larger supplied screws.
Note: If you are mounting the transmitter to brick, concrete, etc., use the supplied anchors by drilling two mounting holes with a 3/16” masonry drill bit and inserting the anchors into the wall; then attach the transmitter with the screws.
Installing the PoolGuard Door Sensor
1. The Door Alarm comes with one sensor switch and one sensor magnet; remove the covers from both of these parts by using your fingernail or a small tool to unclip the cover from the bottom side and slide it off the sensor.
2. Each sensor has two holes for mounting; the sensor magnet usually goes on the door and the sensor switch is usually mounted to the door frame.
3. Metal framed doors may need a space between the sensors and the door using a small piece of wood or double-sided foam tape.
4. The sensors must be installed parallel to each other with spacing between them of approximately 3/4”. The sensors can be mounted horizontally or vertically as long as they remain parallel.
5. Loosen the two terminals on the sensor switch by loosening the screws; then place either wire end coming from the door alarm between each of the terminals. It doesn’t matter which wire goes to which terminal. Replace plastic covers.
Note: If the cover for the sensor switch does not lock into place because of the sensor wires, remove the knockout from the side of the sensor switch cover.
Courtesy of PoolGuard®
Posted: Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 @ 12:37 pm
Categories: How Tos, Pool Safety.
Tags: door alarm, Installing the PoolGuard Door Alarm, poolguard alarm.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. Both comments and pings are currently closed.