Conducting pool water tests is one of the most important things you can do for your pool. Regular water testing ensures that you add the proper pool chemicals in the correct dosages, keeping it balanced and sanitary. Here are some helpful hints for pool water tests.
- Conduct pool water tests before adding pool chemicals.
- Keep pool water test vials clean by rinsing with pool water before and after each test.
- Take pool water samples from a depth of at least 12 to 18 inches below the surface, away from return lines.
- Read all test results within the time frame specified in pool water test directions.
- For accurate color comparisons during daytime, perform tests out of bright sunlight, facing away from the light; match colors against a light background.
- Know the gallon size of your above ground pool or gallon size of your inground pool. Be sure to add the right pool chemicals in the correct dosages for your pool size.
- Re-test pool water after allowing pool chemicals to circulate for the amount of time specified in label directions.
- Store pool water test kits in the original containers in a cool dark place; too much heat or freezing temperatures may alter the indicators.
- Use fresh pool water test kits to start each season.
Use a pool water test on a regular basis to assure proper and helpful pool maintenance.
Posted: Friday, September 28th, 2012 @ 12:35 pm
Categories: How Tos.
Tags: pool water testing, Pool Water Tests.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. Both comments and pings are currently closed.