The Hayward® Salt & Swim™ Salt Chlorine Generator is truly a do-it-yourself installation with no gluing required. Installation and pool chemistry quick-start guides are included with purchase.
The Salt & Swim Salt Chlorine Generator is far more likely to install without re-plumbing because of the smaller length of plumbing needed as well as its independence from installation orientation. It also performs better, has a more finely-tuned dispensing capability and can operate at much lower flow rates.
To install the Salt & Swim you will need:
- A saw (hacksaw or other) to cut through plumbing
- A drill and bit (wood or masonry) to drill and screw holes to mount the control box
Assemble the Salt & Swim:
- Turn off the pool pump. Drain the plumbing. Cut the pipe using a saw and the supplied template for guidance. (Note: Pool must have at least 10 inches of straight pipe downstream from last equipment on pool equipment pad.)
- Place threaded nut assembly on pipe. (Note: Assemblies for both 2” and 1.5” PVC pipe are included.)
- Position vessel between the cut pipe ends. Tighten the nuts. Attach cell cable cap.
- Mount control box to wall or post using drill and enclosed bracket. Plug power cord in to any GFCI. (Note: Requires a 120v GFCI outlet located within 18 feet of pool equipment.)
In just 20 minutes and 4 easy steps you can have softer, silkier pool water! For step-by-step video instruction, watch this detailed Salt & Swim salt chlorine generator installation video from Hayward:
Posted: Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 @ 12:39 pm
Categories: How Tos, Pool Equipment.
Tags: Salt & Swim Installation, Salt Chlorine Generator.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. Both comments and pings are currently closed.