Getting ready to open your pool for the season? Get off to a great start by completing this to-do list for pool start-up chores from PoolGear Plus:
- Remove water, leaves, and debris from your pool cover and allow it to dry completely; remove and store your cover in a dry location where it won’t be vulnerable to rodents.
- Whether you have an above ground or inground pool, check the entire structure for defects. Also, check slides and diving boards for broken steps and rot. Make structural repairs and replace recreational equipment.
- Make sure your pool filter, pump, and heater are all operating well. Make repairs or replace with new, upgraded equipment. Perform routine maintenance so all pool equipment is in top-notch shape for the start of the season.
- Clean your swimming pool with a pool skimmer, vacuum, and brush. Spread this task over several days if it’s too labor-intensive to complete all at once. Consider purchasing new pool accessories if the tools from last year have deteriorated – it will make the job of cleaning your pool much easier.
- Test your pool water with a water test kit. This is very important because if your water is out of balance, the chemicals in your spring kit won’t be as effective. Be sure to correct any water imbalance problems before using your spring kit.
- Follow the directions on the products in your pool kit to apply chemicals in the correct dosages for your pool. Be sure to carefully follow pool chemical safety procedures to avoid accident or injury when using the products in your pool kit.
PoolGear Plus is your one-stop shop for pool supplies throughout swimming season. Whatever your pool care needs, we can help! Just give us a call at 1-888-718-7946.
Posted: Friday, December 10th, 2010 @ 3:56 pm
Categories: How Tos.
Tags: pool cleaning, pool how-tos, pool-maintenance.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. Both comments and pings are currently closed.